Tuesday, March 09, 2010

...and another one from ASIS


ASIS is definitely not a small organization in the global security landscape. As a member, I receive lots of useful information through my membership, and I'm studying for their CPP certification. And now they want to conduct a small survey. Right.

Here's the nice looking HTML mail with external image links I received:


The mail header shows that an external company is being used for the mass distribution of e-mails with links to the survey (No transparent TLS encryption according to RFC3207 there):


And the URL looks like this (partially mangled to protect both ASIS and myself), my use of bold text:
http://www.magnet101.com/ls.cfm?r=25XXXXX77&sid=8868211&m=951026&u=ASIS&s=http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9WXXXXX

At least no promises about privacy or confidentiality regarding my answers and the results there, it's straight to a list of questions.

Dear ASIS:
Please read my post about a non-secure survey from ISACA, you can find it here. Until the current practice is changed, I will not answer any surveys from you.

Best regards,
Per Thorsheim

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments will be moderated, primarily for spam. You are welcome to disagree with my posts of course.